tirsdag den 22. april 2014

SARASOTA (EASTER, AMERICA'S #1 BEACH, ALLIGATOR IN BACKYARD)

Jeg undskylder, men for at være ærlig, er det langt mere overskueligt at skrive på engelsk. I er velkomne til at oversætte min tekst. Oversætteren findes på højre side af dette indlæg.

This Easter I went with my family to Sarasota to stay at my host grandparents house. We spent the weekend there with my host mom's brother and his family. It was such an eventful weekend, I really enjoyed Sarasota, and spending time with them.
Sunday we had a big Easter brunch. We were about 30 people, and even though there wasn't anyone at my age, I honestly had a great time. Everyone was nice and really interested in talking with me, which I enjoyed.
Enough talking - let the pics begin, and I'll explain along the way.

Arrival Friday 


The room I had the pleasure to sleep in. It was so well decorated by Susan. Definitely inspirational for my room when I move back. (Why do I always end up talking about the end)? :-(

We spent the first evening eating a lovely dinner cooked by John and Lisa (with the help of everybody). After that we ended up looking at old family photos. Even though I wasn't a part of their lives back then, you always get nostalgic by looking through old photos - regardless of if their yours, or not.  

Next morning I woke up and shot this photo. What a delightful view to have from my bed. 


Mr. 10 foot Alligator


And then it happened!! I saw my first wild alligator. And in MY (grandparent's) BACKYARD. Bill and Rob yelled for me to come outside - and there it was, my gator. I even got to exit the pool area and stand on the bank to take photos of this guy.
 
We spent a lot of time by the pool. A really nice area, I must say.

Saturday we started out with dyeing eggs! All different, pretty, colors. Afterwards they were wrapped in cookie dough and baked in the oven. Later eaten. (the eggs were hardboiled and dyed with food color)

Our little 'friend' here took a swim in the pool. He wasn't very happy about the whole situation after Nick had rescued him.

Siesta Key Beach - America's best beach


And we arrived. White, cool, sand. Real sugar sand. 
My only thought was "Denmark can't compete with this?". Haha

So white and soft. I even allowed myself to bring a bottle of the sand with me back home. (Don't tell anyone)... 

The water was so crystal clear. No seaweed or any gross animals. 
Yes

My mom (Denmark mom) would have called this... Bountyland! ;-)

I failing attempt to take a nice beach picture, haha. But you can't wear makeup on the beach, or have your hair down - so whateveeeer.

We decided to bury my brother. Say hi to China from me, when you get all the way down there Nick.

Best beach I've ever been to. And I have been to quite a few.

There was police on the beach. On horses. 
'Merica - heck yeah!
 (reference to a song featured in the movie 'Team America' - a very inappropriate movie btw) 

Can I just stay here? 

"I'll just sit down, and hope they'll forget about me and leave me here."


When we came home, Nick let his ship out on the ocean. They (Nick and Gianna) spent some time building ships to put into the pool.

And my mommy is decoration the dyed eggs now, so that we could bake them. Bill is in the picture too.

The big hunt - Hunting in the name of chocolate

I woke up - and started my hunt. Hunting for the Easter chocolate bunnyyy! And I found him on top of the big clock. With a basket. (after walking by it a couple times without noticing)

Nice catch, I must say. Candy, a purse, a bunny and chocolate.

After finding my basket it was time for the real hunt. We now had to run (or walk as I chose) around the house and look for little plastic eggs. They were all filled with candy. I found the most eggs of course. 21

I was so good at finding eggs - I ended up finding real ones. Yes. I found duck eggs in the garden and almost grabbed them. That was quite a discovery.

Tootsieeee :-) My grandparent's poodle. Such a sweetheart.

The Easter Brunch


The tables were all set. Neatly decorated of course - by moi... and Susan, of course :-)

Family pictures before the dinner


My lovely American family. Let's all take a moment to admire Bella's (dog) majestic pose.

The whole family except from Bill. (Someone had to take the picture)

My extra set of grandparents. I am so thankful for having them in my life. 

And back to the brunch


My parents, both flicking their hands while conversing. 

The graceful Gianna. John and Lisa's son. Such a nice girl.

Noni's (Susan) delisious food. The 'best-food-I've-tasted-in-America-award' goes to Susan. Congratulations. 

And then... We drove home. Roughly 4-5 hours.

My backseat buddy! Even though you take up most of the backseat... And even though, I don't really have a choice... I enjoy driving with you, my Bella :-) 

Best weekend 

... ever 






Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar